News and Events
- 11/2012 Our research work on the identification of functional variants within HHIP GWAS locus won the Outstanding Poster Award in the 1st of BWH research day, HMS.
- 5/2013 Our first cellular model combined with network paper was highlighted in the cover of Genomics!
- 8/2013 Congratulations to Derek Thibault with admission to the graduate school in Boston College where he can continue to pursue his dream of medical research!
11/2013 Dr. A. Xiaobo Zhou was invited to give an oral presentation in the
Functional Genomics and System Biology Conference, Wellcome Trust Institute, Cambridge, U.K
- 11/2013 Congratulations to Dr. Taotao Lao to receive the Outstanding Poster Award in the 2nd BWH Research Day on his work revealing roles of HHIP in COPD!
- 11/2013 Our 2012 HMG paper was cited as an exemplar that identified functional variants in complex pulmonary diseases: Am J Hum Genet. 2013 Nov 7;93(5):779-97. Beyond GWASs: illuminating the dark road from association to function. Edwards SL1, Beesley J, French JD, Dunning AM. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24210251
- 1/2014 Congratulations to Dr. Zhiqiang Jiang who is awarded the micro-grant from Brigham Research Institute, BWH
- 2/2014 Our R21 grant to identify function variants using Massive parallel Report Assay (MPRA) is awarded!
- 7/2014 Dr. Taotao Lao was invited to give an oral presentation in the FASEB meeting "The Lung Epithelium in Health and Disease".
- 9/2014 Welcome Dr. Jeong H. Yun as the first clinical fellow to join our lab!
- 12/2014 Congratulation to Dr. Zhou for receiving Chair's Research Award, 2014 Research Performance Incentive Program, Brigham and Women's Hospital, HMS.
- 2/2015 Congratulations to Dr. Taotao Lao on his first-author paper published on Genome Medicine!
- 4/2015 Congratulations to Dr. Feng Guo with a new addition to her family: baby Landi Sun!
- 4/2015 Our R01 Grant on roles of FAM13A in COPD is awarded!
1/2016, Congratulations to Dr. Feng Guo for her collaborative research in asthma accepted in N Eng J Med
2/2016, Congratulations to Dr. Zhiqiang Jiang for his first FAM13A paper published in Am J Respir Crit Care Med!
2/2016, Congratulations to Dr. Jeong Yun for a new addition to her family: Alex Sumi Lee.
3/2016, Our R21 was successfully transitioned to R33 as a 3-year of grant funded from NHLIB to assess functional variants in HHIP and FAM13A GWAS loci.